Pair of Singing Birds - Handmade Glass Art Figurines of Birds
This piece belongs to the Margarita Llort collection and showcases two colorful birds in a playful decorative style. It pays homage to Latin America's colourful wildlife and it is evidence of
Margarita Llort’s fun approach to creation, which never compromises elegance. This piece belongs in any bright space in your home.
Margarita Llort displayed a strong interest in the plastic arts from a young age but began working with glass in 1982 after being introduced to modern glass art techniques. She then travelled several times to cities such as Barcelona, Chicago, California, and Orlando to improve her skills, culminating in the creation of Vitrales de El Salvador in 2003 with her son Miguel Saade. Margarita and her team of glass artisans are now El Salvador’s de facto glass artists, and her work can be found behind the altars of churches across the region, as well as in homes either as architectural features (in doors and windows) or as colorful decorative pieces.
Margarita Llort and her cousin Fernando Llort, one of El Salvador’s most influential artists, devised an unprecedented initiative in which many of Fernando’s works have been displayed in glass by Margarita and her team at Vitrales.
Vitrales by Margarita Llort recycles and upcycles whenever possible, implementing a “Zero Waste” approach to production. All of the left-over glass from large projects is creatively used in new items. Every purchase is kind to our planet!
• Decorative piece made by hand by artisans specialized in glass art.
• Materials: Stained glass on a forged iron mounting with a rusted finishing, supported on a wooden base made from certified cured pine.
• Technique: Glass casting
• Packaging: Item is placed in a cardboard box, protected with foam and bubble wrap. The piece comes with a tag detailing information about the artwork, the artists, and the technique used.
• Dimensions: Length 11 cm (4.3 inches) x Width 5 cm (2 inches) x Height 10 cm (3.9 inches).
• Packaged Dimensions: Length 15 cm (5.9 inches) x Width 10 cm (3.9 inches) x Height 16 cm (6.3 inches).
• Item Weight: 0.1 kg, 0.30 pounds
• Packaged Weight: 0,2 kg, 0.5 pounds
• Limited Edition
Care: When removing from box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features. The piece should not be lifted by the glass.
For cleaning, use a non-scratch cloth with a bit of window-cleaning solution. Wipe carefully and tap dry. For tougher stains use warm water, a bit of gentle soap, and two spoonfuls of vinegar. Wipe carefully and tap dry. The glass can be polished for brightness with a non-scratch cloth. Remember, friction can cause scratches and damage the piece, avoid using force or contact with rough materials. When opening box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features.