“Cortez Blanco” (White Roble) - Handmade Collectible Glass Art Figure
Beloved in Latin America, the Cortez Blanco is a noteworthy tree of the Tebabuia genus. Also known as Guayacan, its flowers are a uniform bright yellow, not much different to Margarita Llort’s interpretation in glass. In this piece we see the Cortez Blanco sunburst and in full bloom, providing an uncannily similar impression to that of the real tree.
Central America's flora and fauna are the focus of Margarita Llort’s VitroNATURA collection, highlighting through intense colors and mystifying textures the features of the region's vivid wildlife. Margarita Llort’s pieces elegantly capture the often forgotten natural landscape of the unexpectedly diverse Central American country.
Help protect El Salvador´s biodiversity. When you purchase a piece from the VitroNATURA collection 25% of the proceeds go to SalvaNATURA Fundacion Ecologica, a not-for-profit organization devoted to preserving El Salvador´s natural habitat and animal diversity. Additionally, Vitrales de El Salvador recycles and upcycles whenever possible, implementing a “Zero Waste” approach to production. All of the left-over glass from large projects is creatively used in new items. Every purchase is kind to our planet!
• Decorative piece made by hand by artisans specialized in glass art.
• Materials: Stained glass on a forged iron mounting with a rusted finishing, supported on a wooden base made from certified cured pine.
• Technique: Glass casting
• Packaging: Item is placed in a cardboard box, protected with foam and bubble wrap. The piece comes with a tag detailing information about the artwork, the artists, and the technique used.
• Dimensions: Length 25 cm (9.8 inches) x Width 9 cm (3.5 inches) x Height 36 cm (14.1 inches).
• Packaged Dimensions: Length 30 cm (11 inches) x Width 17 cm (6.6 inches) x Height 40 cm (15.7 inches)
• Item Weight: 1.0 kg, 2.2 pounds
• Packaged Weight: 1.1 kg, 2.5 pounds
• Limited Edition
Care: When removing from box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features. The piece should not be lifted by the glass.
For cleaning, use a non-scratch cloth with a bit of window-cleaning solution. Wipe carefully and tap dry. For tougher stains use warm water, a bit of gentle soap, and two spoonfuls of vinegar. Wipe carefully and tap dry. The glass can be polished for brightness with a non-scratch cloth. Remember, friction can cause scratches and damage the piece, avoid using force or contact with rough materials. When opening box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features.
Customize your “Cortez Blanco”
Give Margarita Llort’s Cortez Blanco as a gift to commemorate a special moment or milestone. Add a personalized message sketched on a glass plaque attached to the base of the piece.
• Allow us at least three business days to sketch the personalized message on the wooden base.
• Prior to shipping, we will send you a PDF image of your order for your confirmation and approval.
• We can sketch your logo onto the piece. Send us your logo or other image to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a black and white image, in JPEG or vector format, with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
• Select the Personalized Message option when adding the item to your cart for $10.00 extra