El Salvador, Handmade Decorative Glass Art Figure
A beautiful item to remember El Salvador by. Fused glass depicting the map of El Salvador and its 14 departments, mounted with rusted iron on a wooden base made of certified cured pine. This piece is meant to spark your Salvadoran identity and remind you of El Salvador and its culture wherever you are. This decorative piece will bright up your home or office!
Margarita Llort displayed a strong interest in the plastic arts from a young age but began working with glass in 1982 after being introduced to modern glass art techniques. She has since travelled several times to cities such as Barcelona, Chicago, California, and Orlando to improve her skills, culminating in the creation of Vitrales de El Salvador in 2003 with her son Miguel Saade. Margarita and her team of glass artisans are now El Salvador’s de facto glass artists, and her work can be found behind the altars of churches across the region, as well as in homes either as architectural features (in doors and windows) or as colorful decorative pieces.
Margarita Llort and her cousin Fernando Llort, one of El Salvador’s most influential artists, devised an unprecedented initiative in which many of Fernando’s works have been displayed in glass by Margarita and her team at Vitrales.
Vitrales by Margarita Llort recycles and upcycles whenever possible, implementing a “Zero Waste” approach to production. All of the left-over glass from large projects is creatively used in new items. Every purchase is kind to our planet!
• Decorative piece made by hand by artisans specialized in glass art.
• Materials: Stained glass on a forged iron mounting with a rusted finishing, supported on a wooden base made from certified cured pine.
• Technique: Glass casting
• Packaging: Item is placed in a cardboard box, protected with foam and bubble wrap. The piece comes with a tag detailing information about the artwork, the artists, and the technique used.
• Dimensions: Length 20 cm (7.8" inches) x Width 9 cm (3.5" inches) x Height 18 cm (7" inches).
• Packaged Dimensions: Length 24 cm (9.4" inches) x Width 14 cm (5.5" inches) x 19 cm (7.4" inches)
• Item Weight: 0.4 kg, 1 pound
• Packaged Weight: 0.6 kg, 1.3 pounds
• Limited Edition
Care: When removing from box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features. The piece should not be lifted by the glass.
For cleaning, use a non-scratch cloth with a bit of window-cleaning solution. Wipe carefully and tap dry. For tougher stains use warm water, a bit of gentle soap, and two spoonfuls of vinegar. Wipe carefully and tap dry. The glass can be polished for brightness with a non-scratch cloth. Remember, friction can cause scratches and damage the piece, avoid using force or contact with rough materials. When opening box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features.
Customize “El Salvador”
Give El Salvador as a gift to commemorate a special moment or milestone. Add a personalized message on the base of the piece, sketched either directly on the wood, or on a glass plaque.
• Allow us at least three business days to sketch the personalized message on the wooden base.
• Prior to shipping, we will send you a PDF image of your order for your confirmation and approval.
• We can sketch your logo onto the piece. Send us your logo or other image to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a black and white image, in JPEG or vector format, with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
• Select the Personalized Message option when adding the item to your cart, for $9.00 extra.