The most natural beauty through the eyes of our renowned designer Margarita Llort, reference in glass art in El Salvador.
Our Blue-gray Tanager (Thraupis episcopus) stands out of its mixture and intensity of colors. It´s a nice option for bird and nature lovers or to decorate a special room.
This piece, like all of our pieces of art, is handmade by skilled glass art artisans, whose design was born from the inspiration of Margarita Llort, El Salvador´s pioneer in Stained glass and Glass art. With this pieces of art she wants to raise awareness about the conservation of our flora and fauna.
With the purchase of any piece from the VitroNATURA collection, you will be collaborating with all the activities that SalvaNATURA carries out in El Salvador for the conservation of the environment. (www.salvanatura.org) . As a result of this collaboration and great initiative, we were inspired to adopt “zero waste” and upcycling production processes which means creatively reusing all glass leftovers to be transformed again in beautiful new pieces like this “Blue Tanager”.
Which is your favorite of this collection? Learn more HERE
• Decorative piece made by hand by artisans specialized in glass art.
• Materials: Stained glass on a forged iron mounting with a rusted finishing, supported on a wooden base made from certified cured pine.
• Technique: Glass casting
• Packaging: Item is placed in a cardboard box, protected with foam and bubble wrap. The piece comes with a tag detailing information about the artwork, the artists, and the technique used.
• Dimensions: Length 9 cm (3.5 inches) x Width 5.1 cm (2.04 inches) x Height 15 cm (5.9 inches).
• Packaged Dimensions: Length 15 cm (5.9 inches) x Width 10 cm (3.9 inches) x Height 15 cm (5.9 inches)
• Item Weight: 0.16 kg, 0.37 pounds
• Packaged Weight: 0.2 kg, 0.5 pounds
• Limited Edition
Care: When removing from box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features. The piece should not be lifted by the glass.
For cleaning, use a non-scratch cloth with a bit of window-cleaning solution. Wipe carefully and tap dry. For tougher stains use warm water, a bit of gentle soap, and two spoonfuls of vinegar. Wipe carefully and tap dry. The glass can be polished for brightness with a non-scratch cloth. Remember, friction can cause scratches and damage the piece, avoid using force or contact with rough materials. When opening box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features
Blue Tanager as a personalized gift
Give "Bird in colors" as a gift to commemorate a special moment or milestone. Add a personalized message sketched on a glass plaque attached to the base of the piece.
• Allow us at least three business days to sketch the personalized message on the wooden base.
• Prior to shipping, we will send you a PDF image of your order for your confirmation and approval.
• We can sketch your logo onto the piece. Send us your logo or other image to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please send a black and white image, in JPEG or vector format, with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
• Select the Customized Sketching option when adding the item to your cart for $6.00 extra.