This collectible and decorative piece is inspired by the mysteries of nature, which as a gift for any home allows you to transmit feelings as well as Salvadoran culture in its multiple details. This piece is handmade by artisans from Vitrales, using eco-friendly processes.
Margarita Llort, internationally recognized Glass Artist, has created innovative collections that take decoration to another level through glass art, with striking pieces for its colors, brightness, textures and transparencies, such as this abstract piece that is ideal to enhance a room in your home or workplace.
Since 1982 Margarita has explored the versatility of modern stained glass, she is considered a pioneer among the artists of El Salvador. For this collection, she is inspired by nature, one of her main themes, with the objective of raising awareness about the beauty and value of our environment.
In the elaboration of this piece we have used sustainable products and 100% upcycling processes, recovering the leftover materials from other projects and turning them into inputs for new creations. "Discovering my World" was born from the inspiration of our artist in one of the most current images of the Molecular Tree of Life that synthesizes and describes the evolutionary history of animals, plants and microbes in the world. This piece is part of the beautiful collection "Nature through my eyes" by Margarita Llort
• Decorative piece made by hand by artisans specialized in glass art.
• Materials: Stained glass on a forged iron mounting with a rusted finishing, supported on a wooden base made from certified cured pine.
• Technique: Glass casting
• Packaging: Item is placed in a cardboard box, protected with foam and bubble wrap. The piece comes with a tag detailing information about the artwork, the artists, and the technique used.
• Dimensions: Length 22 cm (8.7 inches) x Width 9 cm (3.5 inches) x Height 27 cm (10.6 inches).
• Packaged Dimensions: Length 30 cm (11.8 inches) x Width 17 cm (6.7 inches) x 30 cm (11.8 inches)
• Item Weight: 0.5 kg, 1.2 pounds
• Packaged Weight: 0.7 kg, 1.6 pounds
• Limited Edition
Care: When removing from box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features. The piece should not be lifted by the glass.
For cleaning, use a non-scratch cloth with a bit of window-cleaning solution. Wipe carefully and tap dry. For tougher stains use warm water, a bit of gentle soap, and two spoonfuls of vinegar. Wipe carefully and tap dry. The glass can be polished for brightness with a non-scratch cloth. Remember, friction can cause scratches and damage the piece, avoid using force or contact with rough materials. When opening box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features.
Customize “Discovering My World”
Give Margarita Llort’s Discovering My World as a gift to commemorate a special moment or milestone. Add a personalized message sketched on a glass plaque attached to the base of the piece
• Choose from different fonts and styles
• Allow us at least three business days to sketch the personalized message on the wooden base.
• Prior to shipping, we will send you a PDF image of your order for your confirmation and approval by email or WhatsApp
• We can sketch your logo onto the piece. Send us your logo or other image to “Descubriendo mi mundo” (Discovering My World) - Handmade Glass Art Decorative Figure
• Select the personalized message option when adding the item to your cart for $9.00 extra