Quetzal - Handmade Decorative Glass Art Figure
The Quetzal is Guatemala’s national bird and is featured in the country’s flag, shield, and currency. It can be spotted throughout Central America and parts of Mexico, distinguished by its long green tail and red breast. According to Mayan legend, gods Kukulkan and Tepeus briskly exhaled, causing the bluegreen flowers of the guayacán tree to fall which consequently turned into the majestic quetzal bird. Associated with the mayan god Quetzalcóatl, the quetzal is also referred to as the “feathered serpent”. The bird´s colors are perfectly expressed in this glass piece.
Central America's flora and fauna are the focus of Margarita Llort’s VitroNATURA collection, highlighting through intense colors and mystifying textures the features of the region's vivid wildlife.
Help protect El Salvador´s biodiversity. When you purchase a piece from the VitroNATURA collection 25% of the proceeds go to SalvaNATURA Fundacion Ecologica, a not-for-profit organization devoted to preserving El Salvador´s natural habitat and animal diversity. Additionally, Vitrales de El Salvador recycles and upcycles whenever possible, implementing a “Zero Waste” approach to production. All of the left-over glass from large projects is creatively used in new items. Every purchase is kind to our planet!
• Decorative piece made by hand by artisans specialized in glass art.
• Materials: Stained glass on a forged iron mounting with a rusted finishing, supported on a wooden base made from certified cured pine.
• Technique: Glass casting
• Packaging: Item is placed in a cardboard box, protected with foam and bubble wrap. The piece comes with a tag detailing information about the artwork, the artists, and the technique used.
• Dimensions: Length 14 cm (5.5 inches) x Width 9 cm (3.5 inches) x Height 23 cm (9.1 inches).
• Packaged Dimensions: Length 20 cm (7.9 inches) x Width 15 cm (5.9 inches) x 25 cm (9.8 inches)
• Item Weight: 0.4 kg, 0.8 pounds
• Packaged Weight: 0.5 kg, 1.2 pounds
• Limited Edition
Care: When removing from box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features. The piece should not be lifted by the glass.
For cleaning, use a non-scratch cloth with a bit of window-cleaning solution. Wipe carefully and tap dry. For tougher stains use warm water, a bit of gentle soap, and two spoonfuls of vinegar. Wipe carefully and tap dry. The glass can be polished for brightness with a non-scratch cloth. Remember, friction can cause scratches and damage the piece, avoid using force or contact with rough materials. When opening box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features.
Customize your Glass Quetzal
Give Margarita Llort’s Quetzal as a gift to commemorate a special moment or milestone. Add a personalized message sketched on a glass plaque attached to the base of the piece.
• Allow us at least three business days to sketch the personalized message on the wooden base.
• Prior to shipping, we will send you a PDF image of your order for your confirmation and approval.
• We can sketch your logo onto the piece. Send us your logo or other image to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a black and white image, in JPEG or vector format, with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
• Select the Personalized Message option when adding the item to your cart, for $9.00 extra.