“Grano de café” (Coffee Bean) - Handmade Collective Glass Art Figure
The cultivation of coffee plays a major role in Salvadoran culture. Coffee production has shaped El Salvador’s economy for over a century, with 80% of El Salvador’s forests being involved in shade coffee production. This piece features the coffee plant, with the coffee fruit hanging from a branch. What we recognize as a coffee bean is inside this fruit, but Salvadorans are familiar with the fruit itself, given that El Salvador’s climate is perfect for its cultivation. This piece by Margarita Llort acknowledges the importance of coffee to our small country.
El Salvador’s flora and fauna are the focus of Margarita Llort’s VitroNATURA collection, highlighting through intense colors and mystifying textures the features of El Salvador´s vivid wildlife. Margarita Llort’s pieces elegantly capture the often forgotten natural landscape of the unexpectedly diverse Central American country.
Help protect El Salvador´s biodiversity. When you purchase a piece from the VitroNATURA collection 25% of the proceeds go to SalvaNATURA Fundacion Ecologica, a not-for-profit organization devoted to preserving El Salvador´s natural habitat and animal diversity. Additionally, Vitrales de El Salvador recycles and upcycles whenever possible, implementing a “Zero Waste” approach to production. All of the left-over glass from large projects is creatively used in new items. Every purchase is kind to our planet!
• Decorative piece made by hand by artisans specialized in glass art.
• Materials: Stained glass on a forged iron mounting with a rusted finishing, supported on a wooden base made from certified cured pine.
• Technique: Glass casting
• Packaging: Item is placed in a cardboard box, protected with foam and bubble wrap. The piece comes with a tag detailing information about the artwork, the artists, and the technique used.
• Dimensions: Length 19 cm (7.5 inches) x Width 9 cm (3.5 inches) x Height 16 cm (6.3 inches).
• Packaged Dimensions: Length 24 cm (9.4 inches) x Width 14 cm (5.5 inches) x 19 cm (7.5 inches)
• Item Weight: 0.4 kg, 0.9 pounds
• Packaged Weight: 0.6 kg, 1.3 pounds
• Limited Edition
Care: When removing from box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features. The piece should not be lifted by the glass.
For cleaning, use a non-scratch cloth with a bit of window-cleaning solution. Wipe carefully and tap dry. For tougher stains use warm water, a bit of gentle soap, and two spoonfuls of vinegar. Wipe carefully and tap dry. The glass can be polished for brightness with a non-scratch cloth. Remember, friction can cause scratches and damage the piece, avoid using force or contact with rough materials. When opening box do not lift piece by the glass, always lift by the wooden base or iron features.
Customize Margarita Llort’s “Grano de Café”
Give Margarita Llort’s Coffee Bean as a gift to commemorate a special moment or milestone. Add a personalized message sketched on a glass plaque attached to the base of the piece.
• Allow us at least three business days to sketch the personalized message on the wooden base.
• Prior to shipping, we will send you a PDF image of your order for your confirmation and approval.
• We can sketch your logo onto the piece. Send us your logo or other image to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send a black and white image, in JPEG or vector format, with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
• Select the Personalized Message option when adding the item to your cart, for $9.00 extra.